I am using here a 28-in./575 grams Talibung & a 38-in./600 grams Sawtooth Double-edged Flexible Steel Sword in doing basic striking exercise for my diseased (osteoarthritic) shoulder joints at a moderate speed, This is a unique weapons combo that is not common in Traditional FMA. My old folks used shorter Filipino swords (26-28 in. long) in their traditional styles, but when they used their Double Swords against longer weapons like the Katana or broadsword, I saw some difficulties when the opponent knew how to exploit his reach advantage. I'm aware of the slower speed of this weapons combo, but its reach advantage can be used to make up for that.
We don't use anymore weapons like these for self-defense in modern times, but I practice with them for the preservation of our cultural heritage & for health benefits from exercise. I'm almost 61 years old now & handicapped by osteoarthritis, but this makes me feel better. By: Rev. Gaudencio B. Lingamen, Jr. - GM/Founder of the DOS PALOS & of the GARROTE Y LANZA (Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy/Filipino Tang Soo Do Association), Negros Occidental, PHILIPPINES. (Dec. 10, 2014).
My Shoulders Exercise With My Doble-Espadas (Double-Swords) camera iphone 8 plus apk | |
| 1 Likes | 1 Dislikes |
| 70 views views | 74 followers |
| Sports | Upload TimePublished on 9 Dec 2014 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét