Many of my Dos Palos videos were done in Exercise Mode. so speed & power may not be evident. If long & heavy DPs are used, speed is sacrificed a little for power & longer reach. Power from an accelerating strike may not be easily appreciated unless one has experienced being at the receiving end. I'm now 62, so this is the best I can do, but 40 years ago when I made the Dos Palos, I was 22 & I was a little younger & stronger. I did the exercises this morning & took some video clips.
This weapon was the product of a friendly debate with a close friend who was a very good double-sticks practitioner. He bragged that he can beat a longer weapon, because he was sure that his speed will prevail over a heavy & unwieldy weapon. I built one & he found it difficult to handle the Dos Palos power & superior reach.
By: Rev. Gaudencio B. Lingamen, Jr. - GM/Founder of the Dos Palos & of the Garrote Y Lanza (Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy/Filipino Tang Soo Do Association, Inc.) Negros Occidental, PHILIPPINES. Originally posted in FB on May 24, 2016.
NUNCHAKU INNOVATION: "STRIKING POWER OF THE DOS PALOS" camera iphone 8 plus apk | |
| 3 Likes | 3 Dislikes |
| 50 views views | 74 followers |
| Sports | Upload TimePublished on 18 Apr 2017 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét