I'm using here a combat Dos Palos 32-in. long & weighing 400 grams for advanced striking practice on a 1.5 in. diameter cantilever stick. In a real fight, a single long-radius strike is often used only as a finishing blow, because it is easily intercepted by the opponent. A fast & powerful first strike is usually used for a strong weapons collision & followed by multiple strikes at various angles while in constant motion. Precision with the first strike is therefore very important to hit the opponents weapon with power & subsequently followed by fast follow-up strikes. Oftentimes, disarming can be done without even hitting the attacking arm, but hitting only the rigid weapon of the opponent with a series of fast, powerful blows. I used to fight with my Dos Palos against sticks before, because my friends were mostly stickfighters, and I was the only nunchaku addict of the group. Stickfighters are among the best people you can train with. They are the ones who can give you a nice beating if you don't do your homework. My Dos Palos are bigger & heavier than the eskrima sticks we used to spar or show demos with. As you can see, the vibrations caused by the strikes show how strong the Dos Palos strikes can be & using a smaller & lighter stick commonly used in demos might not be enough to block them. I'm using here a rounded Dos Palos, because if I use the rectangular bone-breakers type, the target stick won't last long. I'm fond of real striking instead of beautiful forms for exhibition, because I noticed in actual sparring that those forms are not realized due to the effect of strong impacts that change the trajectory of the weapons in collision. Flexible weapons with long chains are very vulnerable & although they look nice when maneuvered in the air, they really won't work as such in an actual fight. I used to play with my long-chained nunchaku with those styles like around the neck, waist, under the thighs & armpits, but I found them useless fighting forms, because a fast jab from my lolo's heavy "bahi' stick will propel my nunchaku towards my face. My demonstration forms through the air are very far from what really happens in a fight. But of course we do that to please the audience whenever there are gatherings. I'm advocating real hard striking here as an essential part of combat training. And one must be precise in hitting the target while he is in constant motion, because that can be nearer to what really happens in a fight. Some creeping strikes you can see move toward the opponent in an attack & they move away from the opponent when trying to maintain "largo" range which is more favorable to the Dos Palos. Give enough volume to the player in order to appreciate the sound of powerful impacts. By: Rev. Gaudencio B. Lingamen, Jr. - Founder, Garrote Y Lanza; Member - Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy (PIMAA) & Filipino Tang Soo Do Association (FTSDA), Negros Occidental, PHILIPPINES (Dec. 11, 2013)
NUCHAKU INNOVATION: DOS PALOS ADVANCED STRIKING PRACTICE camera iphone 8 plus apk
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét