The objective in this video is to show (partly, at least) that the Nunchaku striking speed is a function of its weight & length, the angles of strikes. the striking combination, and the capability of the striking hand. Because of my experience in using various nunchakus, I already have an idea of the spectrum of my striking speed capability. I used the military approximation of 1 second using the "one-thousand one" count ... In showing 5 fingers for example, I tried my best to do 5 strikes in one second, then 4, and 3 up to the longest nunchaku. I used 5 Nunchakus with different lengths & weights: 1) 25.5 in./300 grams @ 5 STRIKES PER SECOND 2) 29 in./325 grams @ 5 STRIKES PER SECOND 3) 31 in./325 grams @ 4 STRIKES PER SECOND 4) 34 in./350 grams @ 4 STRIKES PER SECOND 5) 1 meter or 39.37 in./400 grams @ 3 STRIKES PER SECOND.
As the nunchaku length gets longer & the weight gets heavier, my striking speed gets slower. The type of strikes as well as their angles and my age (61) plus my osteoarthritic shoulders are factors that affected my speed. In my experience, the figure 8 & redondo strikes are faster than my vertical up and down strikes... I seldom use the long arc sideward and around the neck transition/combination strikes, because they consume more time and leave the center open quite longer. In ambidextrous nunchaku handling, my front transition is much faster than under my shoulder transition and I prefer the former, because the front-center is not jeopardized. That's the reason why my empty/unarmed hand is always at my chest for rapid transition as well as a checking hand. I think there was a segment wherein I made errors in my pattern of strikes, but they were not intentionally done. I think it's in the 2nd segment where I lacked 1 strike in the last 2 parts. In the 3rd segment, I did only up to 4 repetitions instead of 5, but it does not affect the essence of the illustrative set-up as a whole.
By: Rev. Gaudencio B. Lingamen, Jr. - GM/Founder of the Dos Palos & of the Garrote Y Lanza (Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy/Filipino Tang Soo Do Association), Negros Occidental, Philippines (August 15, 2015).
Nunchaku Striking Speed: Illustrative video camera iphone 8 plus apk | |
| 4 Likes | 4 Dislikes |
| 102 views views | 74 followers |
| Sports | Upload TimePublished on 22 Aug 2015 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét