The objective in this video clip is to demonstrate the effect of the Dos Palos power strike on a long vertical semi-cantilever stick tied to a steel stool weighted with a stone. This is just to simulate the stinging effect of the strike to a stick held by both hands of another person. I tried smaller sticks & Dos Palos on the same set-up & I failed to topple it down. I'm using a 53.5 in./750 grams Dos Palos that I used to spar with a friend using a 52-inch Jo when we were in our 20's. I could even swing it with one-hand grip before, but now at 61 & with osteoarthritic shoulders, I find some difficulties. This is the first time that I've shown my heavy-duty DP in a short demo for the public. It's not practical for modern times anymore... it's just history with a little info on how it was used in secret before. Just a part of my Filipino cultural heritage.
When some friends visit me to experience the "sting of the Dos Palos", I just let them hold the long stick with both hands & do a power strike, so they can feel it. I am not so affected by an equal opposite reaction like when I also use a long stick like my Garrote Y Lanza (GYL). It's because of the vibration damper which is the rope link connecting the two sticks in a Dos Palos. If I use my 80-in. GYL on the same set-up, I can't produce an equally strong power strike due to the effect of vibrations on my painful osteoarthritic shoulders. Another factor is the acceleration of the DP which is faster than my GYL. The tip of the GYL can't go faster than the speed of the hand holding the homogeneous long stick while in the DP, the tip overtakes the lower stick due to the flexible link, thereby producing a higher kinetic energy upon impact. The same person using a stick & a flexible weapon will produce different kinetic energy at the striking tip... the flexible weapon has a higher value.
By: Rev. Gaudencio B. Lingamen, Jr. - GM/Founder of the DOS PALOS & of the GARROTE Y LANZA (Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy/Filipino Tang Soo Do Association), Negros Occidental, Philippines. (March 30, 2015)
NUNCHAKU INNOVATION: My Heavy Duty Dos Palos: 53 5 in , 750 grams camera iphone 8 plus apk | |
| 4 Likes | 4 Dislikes |
| 52 views views | 74 followers |
| Sports | Upload TimePublished on 31 Jul 2015 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét